An all time favourite on the Samahita Buffett now available for you to make at home. With its unique texture and flavor and healthy vegan credentials these delicious Quinoa Pancakes will soon become your breakfast of choice. Along with the easy to follow recipe is a video with Chef Nui talking you through. Enjoy!
Gluten free quinoa pancake (serves 3)
(Vegan, Gluten Free)
When a western world favorite and thai ingredients meet. Made with traditional thai rice and dark sticky rice
flour these pancakes are truly unique and fluffy. An all time vegan pancake favorite at our breakfast buffet.
- 100 grams rice flour
- 50 grams black sticky rice flour
- 100 grams cooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 70 grams cold press coconut oil
- 3 pcs ripe banana
- 220 grams coconut milk
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- Gather all the ingredients except the quinoa and flour and add them to a blender or food
- Blend on low until combined, stopping to stir as necessary. Don’t over-blend.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the mixture from the blender and add the quinoa, rice flour and black sticky
rice flour and mix well until combined.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat, adding a little coconut oil in the pan so the pancakes do
- Drop about 2 tbsp of batter into the pan and spread into a circle. Cook for 2-3 minutes over
medium heat or until you can easily slide a spatula underneath. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on
the second side. Remove from the pan.
- Repeat until all the batter is used up. I got about 8 medium sized pancakes.
- Add toppings of choice (fruit, nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, nut butter, maple syrup, etc.)