Retreat Center Guidelines
To keep a level of awareness, and to maintain a friendly and respectful environment, we kindly ask for your cooperation in the following:
Early Morning Silence
Mornings are magical at Samahita and a time focused on practice. Savor the morning peace and calm, watch the sunrise, be internal. We encourage you to nurture your soul in silence and your personal space.
- Out of respect for all our guests Silent Time is observed from dawn until classes conclude at 10:00 am. Thank you.
- We are a smoke and alcohol-free environment. Please do not smoke in or around the property and refrain from bringing in any alcohol. There are many other venues outside where it is possible to indulge if need.
- Please do not offer or solicit services or products to other guests (including but not exclusive to selling jewellery, clothes, massage, yoga sessions) without management approval.
- We encourage conscientiousness and eco-consciousness, and are aware of the limited resources of our island. Please request to change your bed sheets only when necessary and use one pool towel per day. Housekeeping will service your room every third day.
- Please keep towels separate: white towels in your room, blue towels for the pool and beach, and beige towels for the wellness center. Practice towels are provided in the shalas and cycle room.
- Bathrooms are located next to the lockers, in the wellness center, in the shop, and at the front reception.
- Remember to keep hydrated. There are water stations in front of the residences, by the dining area, and in the wellness center. Please keep the glass water bottles provided in your room. Water bottles can be purchased onsite.
- Please use the yoga mat storage areas onsite, and the drying rack in your room for towels or clothes. Please do not hang them on furniture or your room balcony.
- Laundry service can be arranged with private laundry providers. Samahita Retreat does not offer a laundry service. There are two main options: a local independent service next to our center who charge by weight or a private pick-up and drop-off service who charge per piece.
- Please visit front reception to arrange a taxi, rent a scooter, book a tour, or sign up for complimentary excursions such as the temple walk.
- Please don’t feed any dogs or encourage them to come into the center.
- Herbal tea, coffee and bananas are available from 6.45 am, with a light breakfast from 8.00am, ideal for those who aren’t joining classes. We recommend keeping breakfast very light before class or waiting until after before eating.
- Full brunch is served from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm with both breakfast and lunch items. Eggs are included and can be ordered fresh from the juice bar.
- Dinner buffet is from 6:00-8:00 pm
- The Juice Bar is open from 9:30 am where you can order drinks and food from the a la carte menu. All items except eggs will be charged to your room.
- Please clear your own plates at the recycling station.
- If you have any allergies or food intolerances, please inform the kitchen staff so we can accommodate your needs.
- If you are going out to eat offsite, please let the front reception know, so the kitchen can plan accordingly.