Paul has been immersed in the practice and study of yoga, the breath, and meditative techniques for over 30 years, has gained a reputation as a yogi, scientist and teacher, while being a happy father to two sons. He has witnessed his own growth through many techniques and years of practice, watching how practices evolve over time as a student develops over time. His dedication to the path of yoga has come from a combination of intense practices, meditative experiences, silent retreats and numerous pilgrimages in India, Tibet and Thailand. He has had the good fortune to spend many rich years with his main teacher in pranayama and the meditative process, Sri O.P. Tiwari, and is now placed to carry forth these teachings and the tradition of Kuvalayananda. He was one of the dedicated few to spend many years living in Mysore with Pattabhi Jois in the old days of ashtanga vinyasa, certified by him, with an expertise in asana. Living in Thailand for many years Paul has also been involved in Buddhist culture and practices, many retreats in forest monasteries which are curiously appropriate for all these yogic practices.
He believes in the mission of spreading health and wellbeing through engaged participation in practices. He also emphasizes the fields of yoga and meditation are one, not separate techniques, commonly united on the internal path of both an open heart and sincere self-examination. Spiritual growth and practice involves a spectrum of approaches that includes physical fitness for the body, asana for neuro-physiological cultivation and refinement, pranayama as a key to the internal, and meditative techniques of many forms to enhance the inner experience further. Music, lightness, fun, dance, sharing and caring, and a sustainable approach to this world, are all integral to this process. Such focus and openness are part of Centered Yoga.
International Workshop Schedule with Paul Dallaghan
Paul, as the founder and director of Centered Yoga and Samahita, also leads some workshops at different locations worldwide.
* Please note, due to Paul’s continuing study and research he has limited the number and length of workshop teachings. He hopes to be able to offer more in terms of content and understanding as his studies continue and will share that further in more programs, especially from 2021 on.
- April 8-9 – Paris, France
- April 21-23 – Victoria, Vancouver Island, Canada
- April 28 – Balance Yoga, Atlanta, GA, USA
- June – various dates as part of a training Space Yoga, Taiwan
- May, July and August – full time at Samahita Retreat
- September 8 – The Yoga Space, Portland, Oregon, USA
- September 22-25 – Daio’s Cove, GOCO Wellness Retreat, Crete, Greece
- October 13 – Yoga Source, Lausanne, Switzerland