Centered Foundation Mission
- To help our local community in which we live and work
- To give back to mother nature and protect the environment and animals
- To support the underprivileged such as children, elderly and the forgotten
- To support education and philosophy of yoga as a way of life
We believe in being part of the community we live and work in. As we are a family business, we strongly believe and support those within our staff, neighbor and community. Being in Thailand, we are surrounded by temples and the local schools. Our Karma yoga projects have been helping to renovate local temples and schools since 2008. Our guests are also encouraged in teaching English and participating in local festivals.
Living by the sea and seeing the island development from a coconut plantation to a tourist island has its damaging effects on the environment. Endless trash gets washed up on our shores daily and we see trees and forests are being destroyed. We have to do our part as human beings and promote responsible tourism and education to the local community. We conduct regular beach clean-up projects around the island, plant trees and grow food on our farm and volunteer at our local animal rescue shelter. Dog Rescue http://www.samuidog.org/
Serve the Under Privileged
We are involved with many charities and organization that help raise funds and awareness towards human trafficking, children with HIV or special needs and refugees around the world. In 2010, we co-produced a film “Living with The Tiger” with the kids of Baan Gerda
Baan Gerda for HIV orphan http://www.baangerda.org/
Madre women rights around the world https://www.madre.org/
Wiphan for widows and orphans in Africa https://www.wiphan.org/
Education of Yoga
Through Centered Foundation, we have selected individuals over the years to receive a full or partial scholarship for the Foundation Yoga Teacher Training course. These individuals were selected so that they can receive a fully accredited education and knowledge to be able to share the teaching of yoga and its benefits in order to serve others.
One of our partner organization is Krama Yoga in Phom Pehn, Cambodia. http://www.yogacambodia.com Krama Yoga is a Cambodia NGO run by young men and women who have changed their lives with yoga and now provide Kids Yoga, Teen Yoga and Yoga Therapy classes for other young Cambodians.
How you can help
- Come visit Samahita Retreat and meet our local community & staff
- Join us for our regular temple walks, forest hikes and get a feel from true Thai life away from the tourist trap
- Join our Centered Yoga Teacher Training and lend work hands-on with selected projects
- Donate to our cause and help us with supplies
- Visit our affiliated our yoga schools
- Contact us for more details
Subscribe to Newsletter